Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Beware

Don%26#39;t usually post but felt like I needed to warn others about a dishonest owner on vrbo.com.



The house is called Thearpie and is located in the Surside Shores area of Fort Morgan. Stayed over the summer-she accused us of stealing a vaccum. It was in the bedroom ( I used it several times during our stay) Her maid couldn%26#39;t locate it and jumped to conclusions. She cashed my deposit check without checking with me about the vaccum.



After finding the vaccum(and not apologizing) she still proceeded to keep our money by saying that we had used too much water, electricity, etc.? Also tried to state that we exceeded the number of people that she permitted. We did not. We love the area and now many of our friends come for vacation, too. We did have everyone over one evening for dinner. They were there maybe 2 hours?? We were actually under the limit on people.



We%26#39;ve used vrbo.com for 6 years when coming to the area and have NEVER had a problem with an owner. We%26#39;ve always been thrilled with our accomodations and have always received our full deposit.



That%26#39;s why I believe this owner was looking for a way to keep our money no matter what.



Beware


Is there a forum on VRBO? If not , maybe everyone who rents from VRBO should contact VRBO and request that they post a forum. That way, people who have had problems, or who have had a great experience could let others know about it. I see a lot of postings about VRBO on these forum on TRIPADVISOR and they are very helpful. What was the number of the listing?



Beware


I contacted vrbo.com but the owner of this house has now removed her house from that site??? Like I said, we%26#39;ve used vrbo.com many times and have always been pleased. I don%26#39;t want to scare anyone off of using the site. Not sure how we could have avoided the problems-the owner just wasn%26#39;t willing to ask about things before jumping to conclusions.




That%26#39;s why I prefer ON Site Management,and to deal with a company. Perferably with my Master Card.




I wonder if it%26#39;s possible that VRBO removed this property from their listings because they had had problems with other consumers. There are so many websites now other then VRBO that owners can list their properties with and continue taking advantage. I think it%26#39;s important to share this info with others. You wouldn%26#39;t want it to happen to someone else! Thanks for taking the time to post.


  • scars
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment