Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Trip Report

I am guilty of looking for info and then not reporting back, so here we go...We stayed at Phoeniz II, very clean, easy check in and out, great property, would stay again.



Lunches at Sea %26amp; Suds (this was one of the best meals with great service and food) and Pink Pony. Dinner at Live Bait (real good) Original Oyster House (this was the best meal of the trip, food was really great, it was just the two of us so we sat at the bar to eat and did not have to wait) and the Hang Out. The Hang Out was the only not real good experience. We sat at the bar to wait for a table and one bartender said we could eat there so we gave up our table to the hostess and then when we tried to order the other bartender said we could not eat dinner there, only a small bar menu, I guess we should have asked but they figured it out. We also went to the Flora-Bama, great fun. All the service was great and locals very friendly. We had a great trip and are already thinking of next year and bringing the kids.



Trip Report


Thanks for the TR...do enjoy reading about everyone%26#39;s vacations. Seems like folks share the negative ones more often. Our favorites are also Sea N Suds and Original Oyster House.





Glad you enjoyed your stay!



Trip Report


Thanks for the report. I like the Hangout for beverages but they are still struggling with service issues. They are missing the boat if they don%26#39;t change the ';no eating at the bar policy'; IMO. LuLu%26#39;s had service problems in the beginning but they are great now, hopefully the same will happen at the HO. Glad you had a good time and come back again soon!




Thanks for the review! You inspired me to look further into the Original Oyster House. I never really looked into it %26#39;cause we don%26#39;t eat oysters! LOL But there is a lot of stuff we would like so maybe we%26#39;ll add it to our list. Thanks!




greeneyesat30, just fyi I had the grilled shrimp and crab cakes and huband had the shrimp au gratin and they had great sides, cheddar grits were my favorite.




I%26#39;ve never had crab cakes, but I%26#39;ve always wanted to try them. Never tried salmon either. I%26#39;ve always been scared to order it in case I didn%26#39;t like it and I was stuck w/ it! But the shrimp and crab cake did catch my eye so maybe I%26#39;ll try it this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment