Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fresh produce stand in area

Looking for homegrown produce. Will be there Saturday.





Maybe I should bring our wonderful Illinois sweet corn and sit up a stand.





Previous years we have been to Lartigue and Joe Patti%26#39;s. Liked Joe Patti%26#39;s, looking for something closer. Probably start out Saturday evening with Lartigue.





Thanks for the help. See you at the beach!



Fresh produce stand in area


Don%26#39;t know of one in Orange Beach, maybe someone else does, but there are two in Robertsdale if you are coming South on Hwy. 59.



Fresh produce stand in area


You want to stop at the Burris Farm Market in Loxley. It%26#39;s not too far after you take the exit off of 1-10 to head towards Gulf Shores/Orange Beach. They have tons of fresh produce, and just about everything we%26#39;ve tried from there has been good. My favorite thing there, however, is their homemade bread--it%26#39;s wonderful! You can%26#39;t miss them--they have some signs up before you get to them and there%26#39;s usually an extremely large blow-up peach (and maybe a strawberry too) out in front.






Lee4,







Thanks,I think we might have stopped there a few years ago. The reference to homemade bread brought a memory of buying a pie. Always ready for good bread.




megb, I forgot about the pies! I know I saw them in the deli area of the market. It seems like you can buy whole pies and also slices. I haven%26#39;t tried any of those yet, and I bet they would be good. There are some other foods in the deli too--homemade peach ice cream (which I heard is excellent) and several cobblers. I wanted to try the blackberry cobbler SO badly but our last stop at Burris was on the way home and I didn%26#39;t have a good place to store it. Maybe next year...




Our week August 2-9 was a great trip.



Burris blackberry cobbler was not the kind I prefer. I like lots of berries,not much crust.



Theirs was four layers of crust and few berries.




we were in Orange Beach the first week of august and sorry I am just now posting this. There is a road in Foley - maybe Highway 90? If you go down it to an Assembly Of God church - they have BUSHELS of produce at a great deal. We heard about it from our security guard. we bought a bushel of peas - they shelled them for $16! They are very good quality too.




';There is a road in Foley - maybe Highway 90?';





Probably Hwy 98. There are tons of roadside markets in Baldwin County, some on 98 and some on 59. Most have good local stuff, but be aware some of them sell items shipped from somewhere else, not sure where. Shop carefully and you%26#39;ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment