Wednesday, March 28, 2012

dd992emo and iriegulfshores

How are ya%26#39;ll doing?





Dave





dd992emo and iriegulfshores


Dave,





A little windy, but not too bad. Probably had about two or three inches of rain since last night. We seem to be between bands, so far, so all we get is the wind. Probably a steady 25-30 mph with gusts near 45. I don%26#39;t think we have any road closures, so later this afternoon I%26#39;ll head down to the beach and check on the condo. How are the trees in Fairhope handling things?



dd992emo and iriegulfshores


Some rain, not many limbs down, Washed some windows while the chairs were off the porch. Wind direction has just changed so its moving on Dave




Sending prayers and best wishes to all of you down there. Know you%26#39;ve been through worse, but hate to see it happen again so soon.




I%26#39;ve been keeping ya%26#39;ll, everyone really, in my thoughts and prayers. I don%26#39;t know how ya%26#39;ll do it. We%26#39;re about 200 miles from the gulf and we experience fall out from the hurricanes as well, although in a much, much lesser scale then you. How do you deal w/ the emotional ups and downs and worries?





We%26#39;re supposed to be heading down there on Monday Sept 8-16. We just just concentrating on hoping and praying that Gustav wouldn%26#39;t get in our way. Now should we worry about Hanna and Ike to?




Except for skyrocketing high blodd pressure and the occasional crying I don%26#39;t feel any pressure, don%26#39;t feel any pressure don%26#39;t feel any pressure I DON';T FEEL ANY PRESSURE. Dave




Uuhhhmmmm...I believe you????????





Last year we thought about buying a condo down there, but I don%26#39;t think we could deal w/ the worrying. But I so want to be there! That%26#39;s why I%26#39;ll be so sad if Hanna or Ike gets in my way!





Deep breaths for us all!




Time for your meds, Dave...





It can be a little up and down, but the rest of the time living here is worth it. I%26#39;ve lived in a lot of places and hurricanes bother me less than tornados and earthquakes. You can see a hurricane coming....




You know that is true. Hubby and I were talking and I said I%26#39;d much rather deal w/ a hurricane in the south then deal w/ earthquakes and fire in like California.





What have ya%26#39;ll been hearing about the next week, if anything? All the info is so vague right now we don%26#39;t know what to do. We keep going back and forth on whether we should start to pack or not. We%26#39;re supposed to head down there Sept 8-16.




My husband and I are also heading down from Indiana Sept. 7th. Looks like the biggest threat is Ike, and we will probably have to wait until Wed. or Thurs. to see where he is headed. Hopefully he will stay away from land and no one anywhere will have to suffer.




Dave, thanks for thinking of us! All is well with us. We had no storm surge, never lost power or water. Heck we didn%26#39;t even lose our satelite service and we seem to lose that all the time. The word is that the only reason they issued the mandatory evacuation was so the visitors could get their trip insurance (this is extremely reliable info) which is good, just hard on those of us in the evacuation zone not knowing if it was for real or not. Hope all is well with you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment