Friday, March 30, 2012

Phoenix V Orange Beach

We have never been to Gulf Shores. ALways Destin. My family has decided to try Gulf Shores over fall break. I am trying to find accomodations with indoor/outdoor pools as well as Gulf Front and close to downtown happenings of Gulf Shores. We have reservations at the Phoenix V. Pictures look good on Brett-Robinson. Can anyone tell me how the condo%26#39;s there are? Is there a better place I need to be looking at? All of the reviews I can find are a year old or older. Thanks for the help!



Phoenix V Orange Beach


Well, ';better place'; is in the eye of the beholder. The Phoenix properties are all well maintained and well managed. Some people like them because of the amenities (pools, saunas, racquetball courts, etc) and some people don%26#39;t like them because they are pretty high density and there are always a lot of people around. You should be fine there.





There really aren%26#39;t a lot of downtown happenings in GS or OB. Phoenix V is pretty much in the middle and is an easy drive to restaurants and shopping in both GS and OB.



Phoenix V Orange Beach


';downtown'; What happened to the GS downtown idea?





The Wharf-no matter what you think of it is more of a downtown than either city has. And it has poorly managed its relationships with small business which is the heart of any downtown.




I think GS is still toying with that ';downtown'; idea. I know a guy who owns one of the souvenir stores and he has had some feelers from the city about buying his property, but I really don%26#39;t think they have the money right now.





I%26#39;m certainly not qualified to comment on how the Wharf relates to small business, but they do have a good opportunity to become a destination. Whether or not they accomplish that remains to be seen. I hope they do well.




Thanks dd992emo for the reply!

No comments:

Post a Comment