Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Best route to Disney World

I have heard of 3 0r 4 different travel directions to Orlando from Birmingham. We have 3 children from 2 years to teen and need the quickest, safest route. If it helps we live south of birmingham on hwy. 280.





Thanks,





Wade



Best route to Disney World


My preferred driving route is I-65 South to Montgomery. Then 231 South through Dothan to I-10 East. Then I-75 South to the Florida Turnpike and on to Orlando. Any time I have tried to go with more interstate and take I-20 to Atlanta and then pick up I-75, I have run into delays - construction, tons of traffic, etc.



Best route to Disney World


I agree with dbh 1000%.





Just did that drive 3 times this summer, and probably a dozen over tha last couple years.



There has been some growth in Troy %26amp; Dothan lately, so on certain days 231 seems to take forever; but it still beats out the 95% guaranteed headache of ATL traffic. If you are going to Disney, tha lst thing you want on the way is stress.



Also, the small toll you pay to use the Turnpike is very much worth it.



Don%26#39;t even think twice about it.



We live in the Spain Park/OM area also.





I WILL say this:



In Montgomery, take I-85 toward Atlanta, get off at exit 9 (Taylor Road). Go right. Take this road about 4 miles until it dead ends into 231. You will go through a much cleaner, newer part of Montgomery, that is a better choice if you need a stop. Also the lights are a bit quicker, and, it puts you FURTHER SOUTH on 231 (than if you were to exit 65 South of Mgy.). Mapquest or GPS will probably tell you to go through Montgomery %26amp; exit South BLVD. Trust me, don%26#39;t do that.





Have a great trip,



Miller




Thank you so much! We drove to Disney about 10 years ago. This helps with the up to date route. Our Tomtom recommended the Atlanta route and I knew that would be a mistake on Friday evening.




Great point about the route in Montgomery to 231. Taking Taylor Road will bypass areas that are shall we say ';less than desireable.';





If you are passing through Dothan at dinner time and like steak, I would recommend the Conestoga Steak House. It is on the right side of 231 just before the Ross Clark Circle Bypass. It is bar none the best steak I have ever had anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment