Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pictures of Ike

I%26#39;m not sure how to share pictures in forums so I%26#39;m providing the link to my photobucket account. Forgive me if this breaks rules.



Anyway, this was shot at 1:30pm cst from the Beach Club in Fort Morgan.





…photobucket.com/albums/…



Pictures of Ike


Yep it%26#39;s rough out there. Driving in to work this morning I passed several flooded out parking lots on West Beach. Edgewater (what%26#39;s new), Sandpiper, Lani Kai (beachside) even Crystal Shores had water in the parking lot. It%26#39;s way more then we had with Gustav. The grill on my deck blew over and broke and it%26#39;s a heavyweight type grill. Good pix Bama, thanks for sharing.



Pictures of Ike


I always thought Edgewater should advertise their parking lot as an extra pool.




Still rough out there today. Didn%26#39;t have my camera on me when I went to the beach today




Went over to Inerrarity for dinner last night and the Gulf was rumbling! Water right up to the building at Lei Lani, just east of Perdido Pass. The state park area at Perdido Pass was about to be under water. It was supposed to calm down some last night, but I haven%26#39;t seen it today.




Had lunch at DeSoto%26#39;s and the Gulf is still pounding. One lane on southbound Hwy 59 is closed near Waterville, but that is probably as bad as it will get. If you want to avoid it, go through the State Park.





Owner at DeSoto%26#39;s was complaining that Channel 5 announced that Gulf Shores streets south of Hardee%26#39;s on Hwy 59 were all closed due to water. Not true, and most places are open for business.





Might finally go to The Hangout this evening to drink and watch the waves.




I am really sad about texas,



But I am happy my favorite vacation spot survived intact...



I wish I were down there right now,




We have had our own brush with Ike here in the Cincinnati area. Had wind gusts up to 80 miles per hour with sustained winds between 40-60 miles per hour for approx 6 hours. Trees down, electric off to 90% of the metro area, won%26#39;t back on till the weekend for most. We are lucky, ours came back on last night. Most we now are still in the dark. Nothing compared to the people in Texas, but very unusual for this area. Biggest outage ever. Who would have thought we would be in a hurricane..lol.




Relatives in Columbus with no power and one that just moved to Houston last week right before the storm, no power. This storm was just massive! Thank goodness there is nothing out there in the Atlantic now. I%26#39;m ready for a worry free weekend!




I uploaded 4 more pictures of a ship that washed ashore in Fort Morgan. It%26#39;s just past mile marker 6 and the guy there (not sure if he%26#39;s an expert or not) said it%26#39;s an 18th century vessel




I saw pics of the ship on the news here in TN last night. They said it was believed to be an old rum runner from the civil war! Wow! That just tells you what all a hurricane can churn up.


  • makeup look
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment