Wednesday, March 28, 2012

weather outlook sept 7-13

Hello all residents of Gulf Shores! Do you have any updated info on hurricane Ike that the weather channels are not sharing with us? I am not sure whether to cancel the vacation or not.



weather outlook sept 7-13


Hi! I%26#39;m not a local, but I%26#39;m concerned like you. We%26#39;re supposed to be there from Sept 8-16. I just saw the guy on the weather channel (8 pm central time) and he said that Ike is moving fast and if it stays this fast it will go the way of Hanna and hit the eastern seaboard area or maybe not even hit the US at all. I so, so, so hope it doesn%26#39;t hit at all. We just got most everything packed for our trip. We are going to think positive!



weather outlook sept 7-13


Looks like Ike will not make up his mind until Saturday or Sunday at the earliest. I would keep plans intact, but that%26#39;s just me. YMMV.




We get the same weather news as everyone else but I think a good place to keep tabs on what is happening is with the GS CVB. That%26#39;s how I found out last weekend that I was supposed to have evacuated, OOPS :-)





http://www.gulfshores.com/





Look on the top of the page, center/right.




OK this is going to sound dumb, but I was wondering how exactly do we find out about this stuff when we are down there? I guess by the T.V. I won%26#39;t have a computer down there like I do here. Which in a way might be better since I%26#39;m driving myself crazy checking any weather reports I can get my hands on! I checked James Spanns out of Bgham and he believes that it%26#39;ll go to the bottom tip of Florida and then go north so I%26#39;m banking on him!




Yes, reports will be all over TV the whole week. If you wish to check on the internet the Welcome Stations in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach have computer access and also the public libraries.




Here is a link for the official website regarding information on hurricanes http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/.




Since you won%26#39;t have a computer, I suggest that you bring along a battery operated radio as well as checking the local news stations for updates. Channels 3, 5, 10 and 15 are the channel numbers. Latest cone zone is moving northwest of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment