Wednesday, March 28, 2012

orange beach trip

I have been watching the boards, will be going to orange beach the last week of august. We%26#39;re staying at the Palm Beach for a week. I plan on taking some kind of note pad with me at the different places we eat. I am half tempted to wear my ';Trip Advisor'; tshirt or hat just for fun. Will post a trip report when we get back. Keep the info coming!



orange beach trip


I can%26#39;t wait to hear your report! I bought this little travel notebook when we went to Australia. I think I%26#39;m going to start taking it w/ me even on smaller trips to the beach. They%26#39;re just as exciting to me to! If you make notes, then you can remember what you enjoyed the year before and we can all help each other for our own trips! Have fun! I wish Sept was here so it would be my turn!



orange beach trip


hey greeneyes, we are at 20-something days and counting -- know you are as excited as we are. just hope the jellyfish have decided to move on, lol. am going to take laptop and try to post updates from orange beach. can%26#39;t wait for the beach!!




You don%26#39;t have much longer now! This time next month we%26#39;ll be there ourselves. Can%26#39;t wait!




Hey, Greeneyes, counting the days! We leave the 24th, we are down to the point where it%26#39;s taking forever to get here. We%26#39;re praying for great weather and not so many jellyfish -- has been raining for three days here. Will try to post before you leave -- I know you%26#39;re as excited as we are, can%26#39;t wait!




This year we went to Gulf Shores for 7 days and to Orange Beach for 7 days for a total of 14 days in the area. We ate at Cosmo%26#39;s 6 times out of those 14 days. It really is that good.





We also went to The Original Oyster House, Live Bait at the Wharf, the fancy sandwich shop at San Roc Cay and, of course, Lambert%26#39;s.




I am in Orange Beach right now at the power boat races. We are staying in a condo at The Wharf. So far everything has been great. We ate at Rafters here at The Wharf. Just bar food, but it was really good and the service was friendly and prompt.





The weather is a little overcast today but it actually feels better than all the heat and sun yesterday.




Carol -- hope you are having a wonderful time! We leave the 24th. Thanks for posting on places and food, am keeping up with everything on here for our trip. Hope the rest of your trip is good!




We%26#39;re leaving Sunday and staying in Vicksburg that night. Will be in OB on Monday regardless of the rain. We%26#39;ve always managed to make the best of any situation, if rain, give me a bar with oysters and cold beer and I%26#39;m good. Will try to post as we go. Anyone with OB info between now and then will be good, can%26#39;t wait!




If you%26#39;re up for a cold beer and some oysters, check out Papa Rocco%26#39;s on 59 in Gulf Shores. Nothing fancy at all but a lot of us that live here go there for the oysters and to watch sports and of course the beer! Keep us posted on your journey...




This is my first posting so forgive me if I%26#39;m in the wrong area. I just got back from Orange Beach (9-11-08)(for the first time) and just wanted to share because I used TA to research places. I stayed at HolidayInn Express Orange Beach and I did not regret it. The place is utilitarian but quite acceptable. The location was great and I am not comfortable staying at the high density condos everywhere. This was more my style. For a first timer I would recommend staying here but my next trip I will compare prices against houses. After Labor day, I saw many houses empty for rent. I don%26#39;t know the prices but if it had cancellation policies acceptable, I would consider that route. The HI did fix some problems while I was there. I was bummed the hot tub jets weren%26#39;t working but they fixed that and other such minor stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment