Friday, March 30, 2012

Guy Harveys Grill

Any feedback on Guy Harvey%26#39;s Grill? Food, service and atmosphere? Thanks



Guy Harveys Grill


This post from a thread back in June is the only mention I%26#39;ve seen of it:





';Next day, poolside, shopping at Outlets. Dinner at Guy Harvey Grill at the Wharf. Crab legs were okay but 2 of us got different steaks and they were both fabulous; sat outside and service was outstanding. Did a little shopping afterwards at the Wharf; what a fun place and can%26#39;t wait to visit again!';





We keep meaning to try it, but just haven%26#39;t made it there, yet.



Guy Harveys Grill


You local guys need to try these things out so you can let us travelers know the scoop! :)




OK, now I feel a responsibility to our visitors to go and report back on my experience :-) I%26#39;ll keep you posted...




We at at Guy Harvey%26#39;s Grill back in June and the food was great! I ordered a filet and my son order rib eye and we both thouroughly enjoyed our meals. Daughter ordered Alaskan Crab and said was overcooked and husband ordered crab claws, which he enjoyed.



We ate outside, was crowded but service was very good. We%26#39;ll definitely go back again.




Thanks for the info. I can%26#39;t believe I still haven%26#39;t made it there. I was supposed to go on Friday but couldn%26#39;t and then it%26#39;s been so crowded with the last blast of summer, I didn%26#39;t want to leave the house this week-end!




Went there last night before the movie. We were running a little late and told the server and she was just excellent. Took our order, got drinks out and the order was up pretty quick. Good job, Anna!





Daughter had a seafood alfredo and it was much better than most. Sauce was nice and light instead of heavy. Good flavor, too. Wife had the Cobb salad and it was made with Romaine and good bleu cheese. Again, excellent. I had the calimari appetizer and it, too, was even better than I had hoped. Often you%26#39;ll get calimari with a thick breading on it, but this one was very lightly coated and the flavor was great.





Space is huge. Good menu, if a little pricey (but not too bad). A little noisy and covered with GH stuff, of which I%26#39;m not a huge fan. But, hey, it%26#39;s his place. I recommend it.




Moral of story: Never try to spell ';calamari'; after your second glass of wine...




:-) My husband and I went on Saturday afternoon. We sat outside at the huge outdoor bar. It was very pleasant. We thought we%26#39;d have a couple of cocktails and check out the dinner menu. After the horrible service at the bar, we passed. I was disappointed. I had lunch there on Thursday and although the food was fine, again the service was not good. Glad you got a good server, must be the only one they employ!

No comments:

Post a Comment