Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tell me about Ono Island

A friend was saying that Ono Island there are homes of famous people and you can take a boat cruise around the area. I can%26#39;t seem to find anything on the internet about it. Does anyone know anything about the island, what there is to do there, how do you get to the island, the boat cruise? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I%26#39;ll be in the area June 7 - 14. Thanks!



Tell me about Ono Island


I don%26#39;t know if famous people live there but my neice%26#39;s in-laws live there. Its a gated community with nice houses.



Tell me about Ono Island


As for famous people I haven%26#39;t a clue. I know that there are several country singing stars that live in various areas in and around Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. There are lots of cruises in the area and they will take you around Ono Island - but they are mostly dinner cruises, sailing cruises and Dolphin Cruises. I don%26#39;t know of any cruises per se that take you around Ono pointing out homes.




Supposedly Kenny Stabler (famous Football quarterback) lives there.



It%26#39;s basically a private Island community full of expensive houses. After you drive over the bridge coming from Orange beach on the left you will see a guard house and a bridge to Ono Island. Supposedly you must live there or be an announced guest to get past the guard. I don%26#39;t think they will just let you look around. I could be wrong though- haven%26#39;t had the inkling to go there.




The boat cruise I was talking about is actually a dolphin cruise from www.bluedolphin.net. Here is an exerpt from their website...';The Blue Dolphin, boards in Orange Beach, AL and cruises the spectacular inland waterways along Alabama%26#39;s Gulf Coast watching for dolphins and other wildlife. Captain Dan and his crew Cathy and Chrissy will be happy to show you the amazing sights of Perdido Bay and give you the scoop about beautiful Ono Island%26#39;s exclusive homes where celebrities hide away.';





Thanks everyone!




We actually took this cruise last night and they do take you around Ono Island and point out some of the homes celebrities either lived in or now live in. It%26#39;s a pretty nice cruise and did see a few dolphins as well.




Have been to Ono, does have some big houses, but is nothing really, really special. Went to guard shack once and was turned away. Tried again, different guard and he let us thru just to look (told him we were looking at one to rent). Couldn%26#39;t tell by driving around if anyone famous lived there.




I thought I would update to my original post. My husband and I did the dolphin cruise through Blue Dolphin and throughly enjoyed it. The boat does cruise around Ono Island the Captain pointed out a few homes that some famous people lived in, owned, or once owned. Among them were Randy Owens with the group Alabama, Brittany Spears, Woody Harrelson, and Kenny Stabler to name a few. We also enjoyed watching the dolphins in the water and saw quite a few of them at different times. I would recommend this cruise for adults and children of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment