Friday, March 23, 2012

Trip report 10/15-10/19

We just got back home last night from a WONDERFUL stay at the PHEONIX 1.(there were 6 of us,me,my husband,son,mom,step-dad and mother-in-law)Just to throw this in,we have decided to make Oct. our new ';beach'; time as it was so nice and not crowded.We ate at a few different places,Hope%26#39;s cheesecake was GREAT.Jake%26#39;s grill was really good,they had the best coconut shrimp I have ever eaten besides Outback.We decided to eat here on THURSDAY,as TUES,THURS.,and SAT. kids eat free,so my husband was able to try the banana pudding,since we had one less meal to pay for(always looking for a bargain,lol)and the pudding was good,also.We tried Gulf island grill one night,the popcorn shrimp was pretty good,but I opted for a salad instead of slaw,big mistake,as the salad bar was almost non-existent.The view from the patio was ok,but probably wouldn%26#39;t go back there,just because out of the 6 of us,none were really satisfied.We went to HAZEL%26#39;S for the breakfast buffet one morning and this was pretty good for a change,they had alot to choose from and not too expensive.The last night we went to MIKEE%26#39;S,and I have to say first,our waitress%26#39;s name was Roschelle,and she was great,suggesting the specials,and the food and Daquiris were great also.Now for the rest of the trip,we didn%26#39;t really do alot,except hang out on the beach and pool,which by the way,yellow flags up everyday,but water was nice,especially SAT. it was so calm,I think my mom,son and I were just kinda bobbing on the waves for a couple hours,WONDERFUL!!!Even though it was cooler that day,the water wasn%26#39;t too bad.Our stay at the PHOENIX 1 was very nice,I was a little concerned thinking it being older might not be nice,but it was.Not crowded at all,and not having to fight for pool chairs.We really used the balcony alot,as it was a great view.AWESOME SUNRISE AND SUNSETS.We went on the dolphin cruise with the COLD MIL FLEET,OMG,it was the best dolphin cruise I have ever been on,(and really reasonably priced)and the first for our 8 yr. old.These guys know how to find the dolphins,we saw a GREAT show in only an hours time as they advertise 1 1/2 hour cruise,we didn%26#39;t have to wait long at all for them to come play,and it was a good thing as we had to beat the rain back in that was coming.I think that about covers it all,just had a GREAT time all in all,and will definitely be back next year.



Trip report 10/15-10/19


Glad you had a good time! I like the older Phoenix properties like 1-3. Not sure why, but I do. Come back soon!



Trip report 10/15-10/19


What a wonderful TR, thanks for all the great information and I%26#39;m so glad you had a good time, especially glad to hear that your 8 year old got to see lots of dolphins. I am still thrilled everytime I see them. I think people are starting to catch on to the fact that October is just an outstanding time to come down here. Thanks for posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment