Wednesday, April 25, 2012

condos with nicest amenities

I have searched VRBO for many hours, but havent found any condos with poolside tiki bar/restaurants and nicer amenities. We have gotten spoiled by some of the new condos in Panama City, but really want to come back to GS. Any suggestions or places I have overlooked. Things I want: balcony front master suite, must have 2 bedrooms, very nice (prefer zero entry) pool, like the ';island'; feel with piped in music poolside, nice (not plastic) lounge chairs, poolside tiki bar/restaurant. I know I am asking for a lot, but I would appreciate any advice. I am open to staying in Orange Beach as well. Must have beach front. Thanks for any advice you can give.

I am currently leaning toward Seawind, Lighthouse, and Ocean House II, but they arent really what I am looking for.

Thanks-BB

condos with nicest amenities

Hey Bradleybunch~

We too love PCB and are thinking about trying GS.

I did see the The Beach Club has tiki bar/restaurants but not sure about the rest of what you would like.

We really like the tiki bar/restaurant for lunch since we like to stay at the pool/beach all day.

I think that the Beach Club is more like Fort Morgan but I might be wrong.

Good luck with what ever you pick.

condos with nicest amenities

If the bar is a deal killer then Beach Club is your best bet. There used to be a tiki bar at Sugar Beach, but it%26#39;s an older property and doesn%26#39;t sound like what you%26#39;re looking for. The ones you named are very nice, but no bar.


We really do not want to stay in the Fort Morgan area. We like being close to town, but I will check out the Beach Club. The tiki bar isnt a deal breaker, but I really would like to have one. When I look on VRBO, I see not the greatest pool areas with plastic white chairs. We have been staying at Boardwalk Beach Resort in PCB, and it has all of the things I listed and even more, we love it, but we are ready for a change. We havent been to GS since the year before Ivan. Thanks for the advice.


Okay, I just looked at Beach Club. It looks great, but wow! with three kids and all our beach stuff, we would be exhausted before we even got to the beach! I couldnt believe how long the boardwalk is to the beach. Thanks for the help, but this one wont work for us.


Really? I think you%26#39;ll regret not staying at the Beach Club.


the beach club is only a 12 min. drive to gulf shores and has its own private beach and you are just a short drive away from all the touristy hoopla of gulf shores. I think you%26#39;ll like all the amenities.


I never found what I was looking for, but I have narrowed my choice down to two. It is between one at The Lighthouse and one at Ocean House 2. If you were choosing, which would you choose? There is less than a $50 difference for the week, so price isnt the issue. I am just trying to decide which one we would be happier with. There are five of us, so space is an issue. I couldnt find any info on the age of Ocean House, but appears to be fairly new. I dont remember it from before. The kitchen at OH appears to much smaller than LH. I love the zero entry pool at both for our toddler. Any opinions are welcome. Regarding the Beach Club, I just dont like staying that far from the beach. If I%26#39;m going to the beach, I want to be right on the beach, not a 1/2 mile hike down a boardwalk. Plus, it is just too far from Gulf Shores for me. JMO The amenities do look great, though. Thanks for the suggestions.


My gosh, we are looking for the exact same thing. Tike bar, music, real resort feel. Vacations in Miami beach and Panama city beach have spoiled me as well. I did an exhaustive search including a spread sheet with ck off list of ammenities and I must be on a balcony right on the beach where I can hear the whoosh of the ocean. It came down to Ocean House II and Lighthouse. The decision went to Lighthouse for the following reasons: INDOOR heated pool (important to me since weather may be dicey in end of March - 1st week of April), 3 baths - each bedrooms has its own full bath, larger kitchen and larger balcony (so it seems).

I don%26#39;t think Lighthouse has tiki bar but I could not go for the long distance from beach with the beach club. I guess I%26#39;ll take a cooler and my own radio to the pool in lieu of the bar and music. I%26#39;ll see.


I%26#39;m not familiar with OH, but we stayed in a 3 BR at the Lighthouse last year and loved it. The pools were really nice, especially for our 3 year old. There%26#39;s no restaurant/tiki bar onsite, but Sea N Suds is walking distance for drinks and food. The location of LH is great, and I liked the covered parking. We have a 1 BR booked at LH for May.

The 3 BR we had was beautiful! It was an end unti and the balcony extended from the living room to the guest room and all the way to the master. The condo was huge and decorated really nice. BUT, by the 3rd day, we noticed my daughter had bites all over her. We realized the condo was full of fleas! Luckily we were checking out that day, but the rental company didn%26#39;t seem to concerned about it. I%26#39;m sure it was a random thing - maybe a guest brought a dog in or the owners have a dog - but we were happy enough w/ the LH overall that we%26#39;re going back!


Hlauburn,

I don%26#39;t know if you can divulge this or not but can you say what room number you where in? We just booked 615 at lighthouse. Bugs in a room would freak me out and ruin a good vacation.

  • cute haircut for thin hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment