Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Recommendation on sandwich type restaurants?

Hi! We%26#39;re coming down next week for a conference and we%26#39;re bringing two of our neices w/ us. (12 and 16). One of them is allergic to shrimp so we%26#39;re going to avoid any predominetly sea food places since their not our kids and we don%26#39;t want anything to go wrong! Plus one is a very simple picky eater and won%26#39;t like any fancy food. We%26#39;ll save that for the just for two of us trip in Sept!

We%26#39;re planning on Lamberts, Calypso Joes, Moe%26#39;s BBQ, and Ruby Tuesday. Any suggestions of sandwich type places? Like for panninis or things that like?

We%26#39;re staying at Tradewinds on the Orange Beach side so something close to there would be preferable due to hubby%26#39;s conference. Thanks for any suggestions!

Recommendation on sandwich type restaurants?

My nephew HATES seafood and is an extremely picky eater. That said, any restaurant down here has a non-seafood menu since we get so many families. I wouldn%26#39;t worry about it.

As for panninis, best best would be the small Italian grocery hut (I think it%26#39;s called Positanos) next to the Sunny 105 studios (look for the pink van) at the sharp corner/stop sign on canal road (hwy 161) I have personally never been there but always think about stopping in when I drive by....

Recommendation on sandwich type restaurants?

Thanks for your suggestion. I wrote it on my list!

Since your a local, may I ask you a question? The last time we were there, on our way to the Wharf we noticed this restaurant. It%26#39;s on the road that turns off of the beach road (by Rite Aid) and goes to the town of Orange Beach. I think I remember that when you come to the end of the road and have to turn left to go in the direction of the Wharf (or can go right to somewhere)there was this crowded restaurant that is down in a bit of a hole. Do you have any idea what the name of this place is? It%26#39;s driving me crazy! Thanks!


I%26#39;m sorry, I forgot...any good Mexican restaurants around? I know the girls like Mexican food!


The restaurant sounds like it might be ';Doc%26#39;s'; to me but I have not visited in a couple of years.


Yeah, it sounds like you%26#39;re talking about Doc%26#39;s, at the intersection of Canal Road and Hwy 161 (OB Blvd).

Couple of Mexican places. It%26#39;s typical east-of-the-Mississippi Mexican food. Just okay. In the Bruno%26#39;s shopping center is Tequila and on down on East 2nd avenue toward Canal Road is Cazadores.


I think the place bamanascar is talking about next to Sunny 105 is called ';Paisano';. Pretty sure it%26#39;s a small grocery/bodega geared toward the Latino day workers that congregate across the street. Not sure you%26#39;ll find a pannini there. I could be wrong.


Thanks ya%26#39;ll. It was driving us crazy what the name of that place was. Each time we saw it over the space of a week%26#39;s time it always looked busy.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I just saw that Cricos has sandwiches as well so if the girls don%26#39;t want Mexican maybe we%26#39;ll just do that place again. You can%26#39;t go wrong w/ teenagers and pizza!


';Since your a local, may I ask you a question? The last time we were there, on our way to the Wharf we noticed this restaurant. It%26#39;s on the road that turns off of the beach road (by Rite Aid) and goes to the town of Orange Beach. I think I remember that when you come to the end of the road and have to turn left to go in the direction of the Wharf (or can go right to somewhere)there was this crowded restaurant that is down in a bit of a hole. Do you have any idea what the name of this place is? It%26#39;s driving me crazy! Thanks!';

Sure they are not talking about Cosmo%26#39;s?


Nope, I know where Cosmos is. This looked to be an older place, maybe closer to the water and down a bit of a hill. I%26#39;ll see for myself for sure this weekend. Can%26#39;t wait!


the florabama has a great burger along with terrific boiled shrimp.

  • alpha ahava
  • graphics animation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment