Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Questions re The Wharf

I had a few questions about The Wharf in Gulf Shores.





- Does anyone know about how much the ferris wheel ride is? How many people can fit in a ';bucket';? We have a 4 year old - we thought she might like the ride...any even been on it?





- Any good restaurants there?





- I saw they have a little water park area called The Oasis. Can you pay to get in or is it for members only?





Thanks for the info. The Wharf wasn%26#39;t open last time we were in GS, so we%26#39;re looking forward to checking it out.



Questions re The Wharf


Here is their website:





http://www.thewharfal.com/





I think the ferris wheel seats 4 in a car, face to face. If I%26#39;m wrong someone will tell us. Ginny Lane%26#39;s is my favorite restaurant there, but I also like Rafter%26#39;s. The Italian place whose name I can%26#39;t remember is pretty good, but kinda pricey for a shopping center in Lower Alabama. Good food, though, and a really good bakery attached to it.





I didn%26#39;t even know the Oasis was open, so haven%26#39;t seen it. The pictures on the website look interesting.



Questions re The Wharf


My husband and I went to a sports bar at the Wharf last August. I think it was called Rafters. It was fine. Typical sports bar food and drinks. Didn%26#39;t go to any other restaurants there besides that.




We visited The Wharf last May during our visit to OB/GS and was not very impressed for all the hype. We plan on going back again this year w/ hopes of improvements.




There is a johnny rockets right next to the ferris wheel.......



50%26#39;s style diner with good burgers, shakes, ect...



The service was poor, But I think it was because they were new, and they were short handed.......



tripadvisor.com/…16853364



For pictures of johnny rockets and the ferris wheel....



It is kinda hard to find.........



we thought it was near the beach, but it isn%26#39;t....



You have to take the foley beach express road from orange beach to find it.......




I%26#39;ve been to that Johnny Rocket%26#39;s twice and left both times without being seated. Once right after they opened and again about three months ago. Both times half the tables were empty, but was told there would be a few minute wait because of not enough wait staff. I quit trying. Rafter%26#39;s has good burgers and bbq sandwiches. And Guiness!




Ok have not been to the one in OB but by this and every other review on here, no one should go to this Johnny Rockets.





I did have a follow up question about the water park, the Oasis. Is it just for quests and or can you pay to get in for the day?




';I did have a follow up question about the water park, the Oasis. Is it just for guests and or can you pay to get in for the day?';





I%26#39;m glad you asked as this is one of my pet peeves about the Wharf.



The sign says it%26#39;s for guests of the hotel but EVERY time I drive by there it%26#39;s a ghost town. From outside the fences it looks magnificent as they have hammocks dangling from palm trees, a lazy river, etc. Why they don%26#39;t open it up to outsiders is beyond me. Maybe they don%26#39;t want us riff-raff....Anyway, if anyone from the Wharf is reading this, please explain why this place is so dead when it%26#39;s so beautiful and why don%26#39;t you open it up to non-guests?




I have frequently recommended Rafter%26#39;s at The Wharf on this board. Went there yesterday and, for the third time in a row, the service was deplorable. The place wasn%26#39;t half full and we sat in a booth for almost ten minutes before I walked over to the bar and got us something to drink and asked about a server. Bartender seemed mystified that we would want to order something, but Slacker Boy soon showed up and took our order. After that all went pretty well. I like the place and their food, but don%26#39;t expect top notch service if you go there.




I think it%26#39;s around $4.00




We just returned from OB and went to the Wharf several times. I never saw a water park. We ate lunch at ginny lane%26#39;s and it was very good. They had lunch specials for $8. I had chicken salad croissant and shrimp bisque soup. There are still quite a few empty shops, but the ones that are there are good. They are more ';boutiquey'; but I found good prices. The merchants were very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment