Monday, April 23, 2012

Looking for a nice resort for May vacation

My husband and I will be traveling with our 16yo son and friend, looking for an upscale resort. Any suggestions?



Looking for a nice resort for May vacation


Could you be a little more specific about what you like to do and do you want to go to the beach and things like that?





We only have two of what I would call resorts down this way. Perdido Beach Resort in Orange Beach is a beachy place that%26#39;s pretty nice. The Grand Hotel by Marriott is in Fairhope, about 25 miles from Gulf Shores on Mobile Bay. Both are fairly upscale, with the Marriott being the nicer of the two.



Looking for a nice resort for May vacation


The Eden Condominiums in Perdido Key is very nice and upscale. Only 15 miles to the East and very quite. Great pools and great beach. Tennis Courts, a spa, exercise facility. We%26#39;ll be there at the end of May for the 3rd time in a year. Check out the pictures on my profile.




thanks so much for the reply. I really would like to be close to the beach and have the resort offer some sort of water activities for the boys without having to leave. I did check into the Marriott but it is not on the gulf, they have a small beach on the bay that really does not look great.




If you are staying in a hotel, as opposed to a condo, I have stayed at both the Perdido Beach Resort and the Fairhope place. If you want beach, Fairhope is not what you want. With a 16 year old and if you want a pool (I have a 15 and 17 year old) I would recommend Orange Beach. We have always stayed at the Perdido Beach Resort because it has a lot more things to offer than the other hotels, mainly, an outside bar, larger pool area, on the beach, game room, and a restaurant.




I agree with Reau482, it sounds like you want a resort on the beach with everything close at hand. That would be PBR. The earlier suggestion of Eden Condos on Perdido Key is a good one, but I don%26#39;t think they have the restaurants and bars.




I used to work there and just recenly left(my choice) but this place is very comfortable, the front desk staff is probably the most helpful/friendly you will find. The grounds are kept in great shape and the pool is awesome. The beach is endless miles of no-crowds. suggestions for units.w701,w606,w1102,e603,e500. Those are a few to take a look at. Once you go there you won%26#39;t be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment