Monday, April 23, 2012

Lodging at De Soto State Park

My husband and I will be visiting De Soto State Park and the nearby National Forest in early April %26#39;08. Has anyone stayed at the lodge or other accommodations in the park? If so, what%26#39;s you opinion?





Thanks.



Lodging at De Soto State Park


I stayed in the park several years ago. I have stayed in both cabins and chalets. I would recommend the chalet over the cabins--they are bigger and newer.



Lodging at De Soto State Park


My husband, myself, and my 10 year old granddaughter were at the park last April. We had so much fun we are planning to make another visit this year. We had a great time. The park has a restaurant that has tables for playing checkers (which my granddaughter loved), there are lots of trail to hike, there is the little town of Mentone to visit, which was quite interesting.They also have a ';dude ranch'; close by where you can ride horses if you%26#39;re up to it. If you like to sightsee there is the Little River Canyon not far and the town of Ft. Payne where the musical group ALABAMA are from. There are also some caves nearby (we had planned on seeing them on our last visit but it snowed while we were there)



Hope you and your husband have as great a time as we had.







Denise



Prattville, AL




I haven%26#39;t visited DeSoto State Park but not far away Lake Guntersville State Park has reopened after a $20 Million+ renovation. Decor is beautiful with an Arts and Crafts flair. Activities include bird watching, hiking, pool, tennis, camping, golf, fishing, and a beach. The setting is spectacular. Rooms have an awesome view of Lake Guntersville and start at $99. The cabins and chalets were renovated a few years ago. Everything books up well in advance so reserve early.

No comments:

Post a Comment