Saturday, April 21, 2012

crabbing near fort morgan

We are headed to Ft Morgan in June and I want to take my kids crabbinig (string and neck). I%26#39;m not familiar with the area at all and wondered if there is any where near the Fort or marina that I can do this? Is there any where to take them fishing from shore, like a sea, wall nearby?



crabbing near fort morgan


Across the street from the G.S. Plantation/Kiva Dunes there is a boat dock/slip that I have seen people fishing from. Not sure about crabbing. Someone at Tacky Jacks should be able to offer some advice.



crabbing near fort morgan


Thanks,



I%26#39;ll assume its a public dock and if not I%26#39;m sure someone will let me know.




basically it%26#39;s a pull off from the highway with concrete leading into the lagoon/bay...




I%26#39;m completely stupid about the subject of ';Crabbing';, but I have a 10-year-old nephew I will be staying with on the beach in Fort Morgan in June, and that sounds SO up his alley. Without blatantly breaking laws - I%26#39;ll be too laid back to go bail him out of jail - I%26#39;d love to teach him how to catch a crab or two, just for fun. How do you go about that? Can you do it right on the beach? He will just race across the sand and dive on them head first, but I%26#39;d like to keep him busy with some scientific method. (I grew up in So. Illinois and I%26#39;ve caught Crawdads out of mudholes...) We will catch and release...




This is a pretty good site that describes different methods of crabbing. I%26#39;ll probably use some string and a net. I won%26#39;t catch many but we%26#39;ll have fun anyway.



thebarneys.org/huntfish/…catching.html




Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment