Thursday, April 19, 2012

Condo Help Please

I had originally thought we would not be coming until October, but I don%26#39;t think I can wait that long. Can anyone suggest a budget friendly beach front condo? We will probably try to come down the end of June or July. 2 adults, 2 children, so one bedroom with the bunks will be fine. Just looking for something reasonable with the high gas prices!!! I have been looking on VRBO, but am having a hard time deciding. Would prefer something in the $100-$125 per night range, if possible. Thanks!!!



Condo Help Please


I feel your gas price pain,,,



Island shores is a good value, You can find some rentals on vrbo.



I don%26#39;t think you will find much cheaper than 150 to 190 a night,



Sea crest is close to what you want.



I think spyglass would be the best for the prices you want to spend..



It runs around $140.00 a night



Condo Help Please


Thanks Fordrama------is spyglass beach front? I will have to check them out. I am realizing I should have said less than $150.00 per night. What is your opinion of Royal Palms?




Spyglass is perfectly fine. Not as new as other properties, but a nice place. Royal Palms is much nicer than Spyglass (IMO) and many of those units have built-in bunk beds.




The prices at royal palms seem a bit out of your price range for summer,



But it is a nice place....




I have found a unit at Royal Palms for $140.00 per night. I better try to grab it, huh??




That%26#39;s a good price for RP. On the rental sites they run $165 and up for the most part. What unit is it?




Found it on VRBO, but they still add tax, cleaning fees, processing fee and parking pass. I thought going through an owner, you might save on some of those. I guess they have to pay them to whoever takes care of the condo though. Just looking for a good deal------Let me know if you have any other suggestions!!!!




I%26#39;m a big proponent of staying in a condo across the street from the beach if you%26#39;re on a budget. Prices are a lot cheaper and the walk to the beach is two minutes instead of one minute. There are plenty of great properties like Grand Beach, Seahorse, Gentle Winds, etc that have decent views (no, not Gulf Front views) and easy access to the beach. Check some of them out on the rental sites.




We just got back from staying at Royal Palms in Gulf Shores. We stayed in unit 1202 (12th floor-gulf front) for $70 per night, however, I think this unit goes up to $130 per night after May 31, 2008. Our unit was lovely..one bedroom, 2 baths with children bunks and a pull out sofa as well. The view is awesome and the unit is very clean. The owner lists the property on e-bay. Just search under travel..Gulf Shores, AL..Royal Palms and you should find it. I do not know how booked it is at this point. Good luck!




Hey,





We always stay with Sunset Properties out in Ft. Morgan. They are on the beach side of the HWY and it%26#39;s really quiet and secluded down there, which we like. I know the longer you stay the cheaper per night the prices are. If you stay just 2 or 3 nights it%26#39;s about $150 a night, but if you stay 5 - 7 nights it comes down to about $110 a night. The condos they have are all new and the one bedrooms sleep 6 with bunk beds in the hallway. I found if you call and ask about specials, they offer better rates VS. booking online. I have also told them my budget before and they found a place for me, so I would definitely try that! Don%26#39;t have their number in front of me, but their website is sunsetproperties.com

No comments:

Post a Comment