Thursday, April 12, 2012

Scuba diving

We are planning to be in Gulf Shores the 21st and would really like to try scuba diving. Any suggestions where to go? It will be the first time for the family. We have two teenage boys and they are determined to find a place. Please help.

Scuba diving

Don%26#39;t know much about diving, but there is a dive shop right on Hwy 59 in Gulf Shores. I think it is called Down Under Diving or something like that. Right next to King Neptune%26#39;s restaurant.

Scuba diving

I can%26#39;t really comment on diving in GS, but I am a certified scuba diver. I would strongly recommend getting certified locally before going to your destination or you will be spending your vacation in classes/pool learning all of the safety things you have to know, but not in the ocean seeing anything neat. trust me...you want to know what you are doing when you are 40 to 100 feet deep. a great place to dive is cozumel, mexico. you can see over 100 foot visibility %26amp; it%26#39;s the 2nd largest reef system, only 2nd to the great barrier reef in Australia. the good thing about cozumel is there are no great whites there!!! there are nurse sharks in coz, but a nurse shark has never attacked a human w/o being provoked. we saw 2 chasing each other aroung in a circle on our last dive there...it was so cool! I%26#39;m very nervous about sharks so I did my research :)

I don%26#39;t know how expensive flights are these days, but you used to be able to get very cheap flights out of dallas %26amp; Houston. if you have any questions, just let me know :)

Lisa

  • skin creams
  • lock file
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment