Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Dreamland BBQ?

We have heard some good referrals but wanted to hear from my TA to find out what ya%26#39;ll think? Should we go?



Dreamland BBQ?


yes- i don%26#39;t go that often but it is definitely worth it!!



Dreamland BBQ?


It is one of many good BBQchoices....clearly Birmingham%26#39;s number one for tourists. Since you are coming in for City Stages, it will not be too hard to find. It is tucked away in a residential neighborhood on the Southside. If you stay at the Hotel Highland as I recommended, it will be a five minute drive from there.




I%26#39;ll take Full Moon Bar-B-Que at the southside location over Dreamland any day.



525 25th St. South just east of UAB and the medical district




I prefer Golden Rule in Irondale, and their hand cut french fries are the best.




I have yet to find out what is so great about Dreamland. I prefer Full Moon or Golden Rule over Dreamland any day. I%26#39;ve eaten Dreamland in Birmingham, Tuscaloosa and Huntsville and none of them have been very good. I always feel I could get better BBQ out of a can. Another good one is Demetris BBQ in Homewood, AL right off Hwy. 31.




I have heard that the ';original'; Dreamland (I think in Tuscaloosa) is wonderful. I was very disappointed in the one in Birmingham.




I personally love Dreamland and took a vegan client there after he begged me to several months ago. He smelled it as we passed by and asked what the smell was. So, after he had finished inhaling 6 ribs and about 4 pieces of white bread and sauce, he asked if they would ship out to where he lives...which they do. I say, give it a shot and if you like it, great...if not, try the other places too!




it%26#39;s not very good, and though it tries to live up to the tuscaloosa orginal it fails. it%26#39;s a case where franchies clearly did not work, as the ones in atlanta are real stinkeroos. my advice would be to skip it, and try other local joints like full moon.




I haven%26#39;t tried the Bham one - I love the one in Tuscaloosa. The suggestions for Full Moon as local confuses me - we have one in Tuscaloosa.




I%26#39;d skip it too and go to one of the Fish Market locations. YUM! Love the one on the southside.

No comments:

Post a Comment