Sunday, April 15, 2012

Best Beach Front Dives

What%26#39;s a good place right on the beach that is very casual with a nice view and good food? We are staying at Kiva in June but will probably drive into Gulf Shores and/or Orange Beach a couple of times to eat. Large group with 4 pretty well-behaved kids. Looking for a cold beer and smoked tuna dip kind of place (preferably without a loud band.)



Best Beach Front Dives


In Gulf Shores you Pink Pony Pub and Sea n Suds, both directly on the Gulf. If you really want a ';dive';, try Flora Bama on the Alabama/Florida line. Don%26#39;t think I would take kids. Maybe during the afternoon, but definitely not at night.



Best Beach Front Dives


Thanks! I%26#39;ll give those two a shot. That last one sounds interesting...




You%26#39;ll be pretty close to Tacky Jack%26#39;s at Ft Morgan Marina. Good bay views, good burgers and cold beer. Also, check out Baham Bob%26#39;s on West Beach Blvd. Nice deck on the beach.





I wouldn%26#39;t take any kids or any females (if they have any class at all) to the FloraBama.




OK, I%26#39;ll take your advice. (I%26#39;m female with a LITTLE bit of class, occasionally :}) Really looking forward to our trip, thanks for your help!




We were all excited about going to the Flora Bama last year on our ';girls vacation'; which included teenagers. We pulled in and left. Wouldn%26#39;t even go in!





I agree 100% with Sea %26amp; Suds - probably one of our favorite places to go. Very good Margaritas!





We stay at Gulf Shores Plantation and usually visit Tacky Jacks II and enjoy it.





Have fun.




LMAO





I thought you meant scuba dive




I realized that after I posted the question, ooops. (Scuba)




I was just laughing at myself. I was so excited to think that there would be a good ';beach dive'; as opposed to the expensive ';boat dive';.





I think the universe has spoken - it%26#39;s more likely that I%26#39;ll end up in a dive than go scuba.




Speaking of that, are there any places to snorkel in the area? (Love this Trip Advisor, you can go from sleazy roadhouses to water sports in 4 posts.)




Not a lot to see down here while snorkeling. If you do scuba dive there is a dive shop that organizes tours to places like USS Oriskany, a carrier that was sunk off Pensacola to form a reef. They may have some info on snorkeling. Can%26#39;t remember the name, but they are on Hwy 59 right next door to King Neptune%26#39;s restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment