Thursday, April 12, 2012

Cosmo's declining

Mrs DD took a party of 4 to Cosmo%26#39;s this evening and her report is not very good. The food was okay, where in the past it has always been very good. The big issue, though, was that management at Cosmo%26#39;s, overestimating their popularity, seems to be rushing customers through the assembly line. I noticed this the last time I was there, but thought it was only a one time thing. My wife says this evening it got to the point where the manager came to their table and asked when they were leaving. I wasn%26#39;t there so I don%26#39;t know how long they lingered, but what difference does it make? They got there at 6:45 and were seated fairly promptly and then she called me before 8:30, so it%26#39;s not like they were camped out. They had drinks, dinner and dessert and that takes a while. I really hope this isn%26#39;t a trend for them.



Cosmo's declining


We ate there the last week of April and it was the highlight of our trip. Beautiful evening, wonderful service, great food and leisurely dining. I realize this is getting to be the height of tourist season but that should not make a difference. If you go here you do not want to be rushed. Hope it was just an off night.



Cosmo's declining


Good to hear. I%26#39;ve always liked their food and I hope the service issue is just an aberration. I know a lot of places down here are having staffing issues, so that could be part of it.




I disagree with Cosmo%26#39;s declining. We ate there last Saturday night and it was delicious. We got there and they told us a 45 minute wait, but it was only about 25 minutes. We had a party of 8 and sat outside. It took a while to eat, but it is June in Orange Beach. Service was attentive, and food was great. There was a singer there that was good as well.




My husband, 5-year-old and I ate at Cosmo%26#39;s on Thursday (June 26). While I was impressed with the service that my child received -- his chicken strips came out promptly and were at an eatable temperature -- I was quite disconcerted to see my sushi order sitting on the counter before my husband and I received our salads. In fact, my husband received his seafood plate and finished it before I ever got my sushi. Needless to say, I requested a fresh order. Unfortunately, the sushi was still inedible -- the fried shrimp was still hot so the the rest of the roll tasted greasy and of the overpowering seaweed (I hestitate to even call it Nori, it was so strong). That was our first and will likely be our last visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment