Saturday, April 21, 2012

Could we find what we want in Fort Morgan?

Hi! I know there was just a post about Fort Morgan, but I%26#39;ve never seen a post ask specifically what we%26#39;ve wondered about. We stayed at GS at the Lighthouse last Sept. and loved it. We are a couple without children and we will be coming in Sept after Labor Day. We really like peace and quiet. We%26#39;re not insterested in amusement parks, shopping and the like. We just want to spend our days on the beach and we don%26#39;t mind driving into town for evening dining or to go to Foley.





My questions is...do any of the places truely have great views of the gulf? I%26#39;ve looked online, but I just can%26#39;t tell. We want the same kind of view/beach experience that we would have at the Lighthouse, full frontal gulf view. A beautiful view of the water from the kitchen and the bedroom. We don%26#39;t want to be across the street and we don%26#39;t want to have to walk forever to get to the beach. We don%26#39;t need a big house to rent as it%26#39;s just the two of us. Would anything at Fort Morgan fill our desires? Thanks!



Could we find what we want in Fort Morgan?


Also one more thing, we want a nice place. We tried staying at another place other then the Lighthouse last month, Tradewinds, and even though it was nice enough, it didn%26#39;t compare to the Lighthouse. I guess we%26#39;ve gotten spoiled! LOL



Could we find what we want in Fort Morgan?


One side of Ft. Morgan is directly on the gulf and there are lots of rental properties--many houses, but also some condos and townhouses. If you go to any of the Gulf Shores realty websites, you can find gulf front rentals on Ft. Morgan. There are houses that sit back behind other houses, but most of the websites I%26#39;ve seen are really clear about that.





We rented a house there last summer and really liked it (beach/gulf front). We walked out directly onto the beach, just as you would from a condo complex in GS. It%26#39;s really quiet and private out there and much less crowded. I would think going after Labor Day would be even more so.





As far as which condo places are as nice as the Lighthouse--I%26#39;m not sure b/c I haven%26#39;t used them. I have heard about the Lighthouse and how nice it is, so it%26#39;s probably a bit newer than the condos out on Ft. Morgan. I%26#39;m sure others here can help more with that.




You might like The Beach Club. The view is probably a little bit ';longer'; than Lighthouse, but if you%26#39;re above the 6th floor it%26#39;s still mostly gulf. Nice pool area and a pretty decent restaurant on site. Look at their website.




www.beachclubal.com




The Beach Club has great views - try to get on one of the higher floors - and it is very nice!





We usually stay at Gulf Shores Plantation because it is more affordable for us. Not as fancy as The Beach Club. According to what building you get in though some have really nice views.




Thanks for ya%26#39;ll suggestions. I%26#39;ll look further into it. We%26#39;re also considering Pensacola Beach. We used to go there when I was a kid and I have great memories of it. I%26#39;m just not sure about the condo/beach situation there. I%26#39;m just so glad to be planning a trip! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment