Tuesday, April 17, 2012

On the water

Haven%26#39;t been to GS/OB since the summer of 05 - I imagine it looks better now. My query is about places to eat - are there any overlooking the water? Besides Sea-n-Suds, I don%26#39;t remember any.



On the water


Bahama Bob%26#39;s is right on the beach. About the only other Gulf Front dining is Voyager%26#39;s at Perdido Beach Resort. Upscale dining, but not as good as it used to be, IMO. On the bay side there are a lot of places like Tacky Jack%26#39;s, Louisiana Lagniappe, Zeke%26#39;s, etc.



On the water


thanks - We did go to Zekes last time and we were not impressed. My wife and I loved the Original Oyster House though.




I liked eating at tacky jacks because of the marina type setting,



Bahama bobs has better food,



And I liked the view from there as well.



I think more water front dining would be awesome,



We ate at a restaurant on saint george Island that was so perfect,



Great food, and the view was beautiful,



It is shame that gulf shores doesn%26#39;t have anything quite like it.




After living on all three coasts for the past 40 years it has been my experience that the quality of the food is usually inversely proportional to the quality of the ocean/gulf view. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment