Saturday, April 21, 2012

Looking for a good place to eat lunch...

I will be driving from Pensacola to a rental house done near Ft. Morgan. From what I gather as I get closer to the rental house (Palm Paradise) I won%26#39;t find any places to eat.



Can someone recommend a place I can pick up a good lunch for the road. I am from TN, and dying for some good seafood for the drive.





Also how is Wal-Mart SuperCenter in Gulf Shores for shopping? Would like to pick up seafood locally, but will need some other supplies.



Looking for a good place to eat lunch...


One popular place in Pensacola is Joe Patti%26#39;s Seafood, down in the older section of P%26#39;cola. You might stop there and get some stuff to munch on. It%26#39;s easy to get to from the aiport. Here is their link:





http://www.joepattis.com/





Wal Mart in GS is fine. Can get really crowded on a Saturday afternoon in the summer, though. Still better than Bruno%26#39;s or Winn Dixie.



Looking for a good place to eat lunch...


I%26#39;m actually going to be heading in the opposite direction from Joe Patti%26#39;s. I am visiting relatives that are close to the Perdido Key Bridge near Big Lagoon State Park. I am going to come down 182 and head towards the house we are renting for the later part of th week that is close to Ft. Morgan.





There%26#39;s probably a ton of places to eat along 182, but I wanted to get into that gulf mood with a nice fresh seafood lunch. Nothing fancy, but a good tuna steak sandwich or shrimp po-boy would set me right.







Speaking of the rental house and eating. We are staying in a house almost to Ft. Morgan State Park. We%26#39;ll be passing Kiva Dunes. Is there any restuarants that far down? If not, what%26#39;s close by or will we have to drive into Gulf Shores?



Maybe a low key seafood place with a bar?



Thanks,




When you said Pensacola I assumed you were coming into the airport. The route from the airport to Perdido Key passes within a couple of blocks of Joe Patti%26#39;s.





Also on Perdido Key is a Shrimp Basket. Pretty good fried seafood.




Thanks for the info!




There%26#39;s actually 4 restaurants on Fort Morgan Road (more if you count the ones at The Beach Club) now (plus a hot dog stand and a place you can get pizza). We always stay at Gulf Shores Plantation out there and usually eat at Tacky Jacks II at the Marina. Food is good and Margaritas are great. I had the Grilled Seafood Salad a couple of weeks ago and had to take over half of it home with us - enough for 2 people easily! Have had their Shrimp Po-Boys too which I can recommend.





Of course there%26#39;s restaurants coming through Orange Beach and Gulf Shores before heading out on Fort Morgan Road too.





Have fun and enjoy your vacation.




Joe patti%26#39;s has an excellant restruant that serves a GREAT lunch menu. It is to the RIGHT looking to the front of the main building. You have to go through the main parking lot, either walk over or drive and TRY to find a parking space. At lunch time it trends to get busy. I had the BASA fish, not catfish BUT raised the same way and sort of resembles them. Don%26#39;t think they have tuna for lunch but maybe.





I have heard the Shrimp Basket in Gulf Shores is quite nice. Also about Five miles down Ft Morgan road on the RIGHT next to the Chevron station is a good seafood resturant. As far as buying seafood to cook, Joe pattis will pack on ice to go OR there is a nice seafood store CLOSE to downtown. I think it is on the right (side street) behind a gift store JUST before the last red light, before you have to turn right or left. There are a few in the area but I heard that one is good. Also they used to have one next to the resturant on fort morgan road, not sure if it is still there. I would not recomend wally world for real fresh seafood, sorry.





If you go to joe patti%26#39;s it IS on the way to perdido (?) point. Not sure of rd number but have traveled that way MANY MANY times. I know the route but not street names, sorry. Map quest search will have have it though.



Hope some of this help and if I can be of any other help, please ask, j.o.

No comments:

Post a Comment