Friday, March 23, 2012

Driving on thanksgiving Day

Hi,



I am thinking about driving from Gulf Shores to Dallas by way of Hattisburg and Vicksburg on Thanksgiving Day. Will there be gas stations open and places to stop to the restroom?



thanks!



Driving on thanksgiving Day


Don%26#39;t know how far along your route this is, but I DO know specifically that in Vicksburg, on exit 1C, there is a Kangaroo right at the top of the ramp that we have been to many times on Christmas day, and probably Thanksgiving.



I also know of one at the East Clay exit (4 or 5?) that is open on holidays. (I think it is Texaco). Both these have good coffee and decent restrooms.



I would think these would be preferable to stopping on Hwy 49 in Jackson (Assuming you take 49 off I-20 to head to Hattiesburg), %26#39;neighborhood wise%26#39;, that is.



You ought to have some luck in H%26#39;burg as well.



That said, I think you%26#39;ll generally have better luck in the cities, and as always, in this on again, off again supply shortage, start looking about 75-100 miles before you are empty.



Also I have noticed that even if they are open on holidays, they may, for example, wait til 8:00 a.m. to open.





Have fun,



Miller



Driving on thanksgiving Day


';I would think these would be preferable to stopping on Hwy 49 in Jackson (Assuming you take 49 off I-20 to head to Hattiesburg), %26#39;neighborhood wise%26#39;, that is.';





For years we thought the same but last month my wife said ';I think this area looks better'; out of the blue



Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment