Sunday, April 15, 2012

I need your help, if you have time

I haven%26#39;t been to Gulf Shores in 15 years, but wanted to take my family in June (the 3rd week). My baby will be 6 months, and I also have a 5 year old, 9 year old, and 13 year old, along with my husband. We would like to go from a Sunday to a Thursday or Friday. I am looking for something nice, family friendly, and priced reasonably. I was looking at Gulf Shores Plantation, since I stayed there in the 80%26#39;s as a kid...is it still good? I%26#39;ve noticed Gulf Shores is more expensive than Florida, but I%26#39;m tired of going to Florida. Anyway, tanks for any advice. I know it will be hard one way or another because of having the 6 month old. :-)



I need your help, if you have time


There are tons of nice places,



All of them are great for family%26#39;s,



We stayed in Island tower last year,It was super nice, great location.



This year we are staying in Surfside shores I%26amp;II



They have four pools, two adult, two kiddie pools..



We are going thru an owner on www.vrbo.com



You save a bit going thru vrbo,



Owners will work with you more on days and prices.



With the gas prices, Gulf shores is a better choice than florida.



Less crowded as well....



Let us know what you pick...



I need your help, if you have time


The Plantation is a well cared for property and is still very nice. If you want to be closer in to things for the kids to do (Track, Waterville, zoo, etc) some of the places down on West Beach Blvd are quite reasonable. Sun Chase, Sundial, Sandy Shores and Sea Horse are all nice little places and the prices aren%26#39;t too steep.




We really like Crystal Towers. It is across the street from the beach, but has an enclosed bridge across the road. 2 outdoor pools (1 on the beach)and an indoor pool. Make sure to get a high room, so you can have a view of the ocean!





We also like The Palms in Orange Beach. If you get a corner room, there are wraparound balconies and great views! This is one of the older units in orange Beach, so it is a little more affordable.




We always stay at Gulf Shores Plantation - in fact we are heading down May 28th as soon as kids get out of school. Some of the units are older but that doesn%26#39;t bother us. Go through VRBO to find a unit - a lot more reasonable than renting directly from GSP.




Thanks so much for all of the info! I am going to check out vrbo...never used them before but I%26#39;m going to give it a try!!!




Hey, I was just telling another poster, we always stay with Sunset Properties out in Ft. Morgan. It%26#39;s about 8 minutes past The Plantation and all of their condos are NEW. It%26#39;s really quiet and secluded down there, which we like. I know the longer you stay the cheaper per night the prices are. If you stay just 2 or 3 nights it%26#39;s about $150 a night, but if you stay 5 - 7 nights it comes down to about $110 a night. The condos they have are all new and the one bedrooms sleep 6 with bunk beds in the hallway. I found if you call and ask about specials, they offer better rates VS. booking online. I have also told them my budget before and they found a place for me, so I would definitely try that! Don%26#39;t have their number in front of me, but their website is sunsetproperties.com




I think this may be about the time you are in GS, but I just saw your posting. We went down the first week in May to pick our daughter up from school and decided to stay a few days longer. Through many hours of searching the internet and VRBO, we reserved a condo in the Plantation East bldg. at Plantation Shores Plantation. To make a long story short, we pulled in about 11 p.m. and found a filthy condo. Too many things to list. We went back to the Mariott in Foley, AL, at 1 a.m. and started all over the next morning on the internet. Fortunately, we still had a very nice lady%26#39;s number in our cell phone. She had condos at the Gulf Shore Surf and Raquet Club, but they were booked. With your author%26#39;s name, you%26#39;ll understand this. Her friend ';happened'; to be at the condo that very week from Mobile. She and her husband were working in the office, painting, etc. She had a perfect condo available. It just needed cleaning. Since she ';happened'; to be there at the right time, she cleaned it herself and we were able to rent from her. The front patio looked out at the ocean and beautiful beach (across a small 2 lane road) and the back entrance looked at a beautiful tropical pool setting and a gorgeous lagoon with two nice fishing piers, etc. Lots of nice people there - young families and older folks. We loved it!


  • skin creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment