Saturday, April 21, 2012

Tell me about Hoover

We%26#39;re doing a trip and have a stop in Hoover on business. We%26#39;re trying not to go into Birmingham, so what is there to do in Hoover? Restaurants and value hotel suggestions are greatly appreciated.



Also - afterwards, we%26#39;re headed to Atlanta. We know Atlanta well but haven%26#39;t approached ATL from Hoover before. Should we hop up to I 20 or is there a scenic drive that perhaps saves us miles?



Thanks!



Tell me about Hoover


Hoover, IMO, is the best part of the whole Birmingham area. There is just about any restaurant you would want and as far as hotels there%26#39;s the Winfrey at the Galleria but it%26#39;s definitely not a ';value'; hotel but across HWY 150 there%26#39;s a Best Western (could have changed names by now) - there%26#39;s also a Hyatt Place, and just down HWY 31 is a Courtyard. Probably many others.





If I were going to ATL from Hoover, I%26#39;d take I-459 to I-20. I%26#39;m not sure about a scenic route but I%26#39;d rather do the interstate.





Enjoy the area!



Tell me about Hoover


hoover is a city in itself- there is ALOT down there- huge mall -tons of hotels and restaurants- take I-459 south to I- 20 east-it%26#39;s the only way




Hoover is also spread out over a large part of southern Jefferson and northern Shelby counties. It would help with hotel and restaurant suggestions to know specifically where in Hoover your meeting is located.




Oh, thanks everyone - I ended up taking my chances with Hotwire and got a hotel room really close to our meeting place (off of 280, south of 459).



Looking forward to the visit!




280 is not in Hoover- you%26#39;ll have to drive thru alot of traffic on 280 to get to I-459 to get to Hoover




For some reason, I thought part of 280 was considered Hoover. ???




280 south of 459 is Hoover. That%26#39;s why I mentioned that it would be best to know exactly where they needed to be. Hoover is not just Hwy 31 and 150 and the Galleria.



You have picked a good location for easily finding food and entertainment. However, it will be very busy. Traffic is a nightmare on Hwy 280. Good Luck.




Thanks for the warning - I%26#39;ll try to plan accordingly around rush hour.




You might want to check



www.touralabama.org



- it%26#39;s the offical site of the Alabama Bureau of Travel and Tourism and list places to eat, things to do, etc. including sign-up for a monthly ';top 10 list'; of events state-wide.



Traffic does busy on HWY 280 particularly during rush hour. One locally owned restaurant on Hwy 280 is Lloyd%26#39;s - it%26#39;s a barbeque / meat %26amp; three with table service. It moved to its current location 25+ years ago from further east or ';down'; the highway and has been in business for many years. Another local barbeque restaurant chain (has drive through window) is Full Moon. For a good burger, try locally owned Hamburger Heaven. You%26#39;ll find many chain restaurants with the most upscale located at The Summit - an upscale shopping complex - at the northeast corner of Hwy 280 and Interstate 459.




You can take highway 78 east to atlanta, it goes through the talladega national forest and makes for a fun ride

No comments:

Post a Comment