Thursday, April 12, 2012

Seawind HELP!!

I am loving the reviews and the looks of Seawind. Can anyone give tips on a getting a great rate on this condo. We are going in the fall (late October) and so far I have not been able to get a good rate. HELP PLEASE!!



Seawind HELP!!


Are you looking on www.vrbo.com



Alot of the owners will work with you,



The rates in october are usually pretty good..



If you go thru an owner let them know you can get a better rate from someone else, But would love to stay in their property,



It might help get a cheaper price..



Seawind HELP!!


I have checked there but no great rates. I might try your little tip.



Thanks! (any other suggestions?? anyone)




My family was also looking at Seawind for October, but couldnt seem to get any good rates. Seawind is on the newest, nicest, and most centrally located, so I think it is in high demand. I was trying back in March, so with the economy, owners may be more willing to discount. This is my approach: I email the owner thru their VRBO page, on the notes I put how nice their condo looks and that we really want to stay there. I then ask if they are running any specials or have any discounts for the days you need. It worked for us at Ocean House. The owner is waving the taxes for us. It also worked for us last year in Panama City. Try it, what do you have to lose? Good luck!




we booked through vrbo over labor day, %26amp; I think we got a good rate. we are paying $140 per night for a 2bed 2 bath + bunk room at seawind. we usually go to port aransas, tx for our beach vacations. A cheesy 2 bed 2 bath condo decorated in wicker %26amp; seashell print was running at least $250 per night in Port aransas, TX, so I was very pleased. the holiday inn in Port A is $150 per night %26amp; it%26#39;s 3 blocks from the ocean! I guess it depends on what you consider a good rate.




Try waiting until the very last moment you can and then look for unsold inventory. The longer you can wait, the better the deals.




Oh, really! That will be sooo hard for me to do. Do you not think the better units will be gone? I%26#39;m afraid there will not be much left. Some people are offering 25% off now.




funtravelfamily,





You haven%26#39;t really identified what you consider to be a ';good rate'; and that varies between people. IIRC, Seawind is all 3BR/2BA units (I may be wrong), and those are more expensive than 2/2 no matter the property. Perhaps if you could define your parameters it might help other posters to suggest things.




There aren%26#39;t really any ';bad'; units there. 25% off is a substantial price reduction and you may not get any lower than that even if you do wait. They do have 2 bedroom units available as well. There are other places that are just as nice though that may be more in line with your budgetary concerns.




A good rate for us I can best define in total price. Because, all units have different fees. Some charge tax and some don%26#39;t, some charge for a parking pass and some don%26#39;t. Some charge a processing fee, and some have all inclusive pricing. So,for us a good rate woud be below $700 and a GREAT rate would be around $600. That is total fees and we are staying 5 nights in the middle of October. My first choice would be Seawind or San Carlos then Crystal Shores West, Crystal Shores and comparable units from there.



Now, does that explain it?

No comments:

Post a Comment