Saturday, April 21, 2012

What do you suggest for a quiet beach front spot for Maine ?

My husband and I are retireing in 2009. We want to get out of Northern Maine for a Month or so in the winter (JAN into Feb). We have been to Florida several times and and found the traffic hard to deal with and too busy. I met a lady in the airport and she said the Orange Beach area was beautiful, undiscovered and not as pricey as Florida. I have looked at some Condos and hotels for rooms and was overwhelmed. We are looking for suggestions that would simplify our research. Thank you in advance for any help you could give us.

What do you suggest for a quiet beach front spot for Maine ?

Orange Beach is a beautiful area that snowbirds frequent during the cold months. Traffic is light, prices are reasonable compared to South Florida. You can stay in a condo much cheaper than a hotel, I%26#39;m sure. There are quite a few ';Gulf front'; units with beautiful views to enjoy. You can rent for less from an owner than any of the property management companies. I would suggest www.vrbo.com Again, you will be overwhelmed with the number of units available, location or view so ask any questions after researching. I%26#39;m quite familiar with the area and condominiums so send a private message if you need specific information.

What do you suggest for a quiet beach front spot for Maine ?

We will want to vacation in this area next winter. How far in advance do you have to make reservations? A few years ago I looked into the Orange Beach area a few months before our vacation and found most of the hotels and condos were already reserved, at least the ones I was interested in.


I would suggest 6 to 8 months ahead.........

Orange beach and the gulf shores area are just beautiful,

The area offers alot , good food, quiet beaches, Good people....

I am jealous...

Wish I could stay a month.,..

Then again, I might not leave...

I agree about vrbo.com

Great values from an owner...


I%26#39;m sure there are still quite a few units available for 2009 now.


I have looked on the www.vrbo.com site and find their rentals are too large for us. We travel alone so a 1 bedroom cottage or small condo would be what we would like. WE are planning this in the winter (Feb 2 weeks) of 2009, but know we have to plan 6 to 8 months ahead.


I just looked at vrbo and there are a ton of 1 BR condos listed in both Orange Beach and Gulf Shores. When you get to the tabs that list OB and GS properties, look at Royal Palms, Four Winds, Caribbean, Sun Chase, Clearwater, Phoenix...all have nice 1 BR condos listed there.

  • server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment